|When:||Back to Calendar February 12, 2012 @ 10:45 am - 12:30 pm|
|Repeats:||Weekly on Sunday - forever||Where:||Passages Rising
14 E Meadow St
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Categories:||Teaching and Meditation|
In affiliation with the Tibetan Buddhist Practices Group, Geshe Dorjee teaches and leads meditation each Sunday morning from 11:00 am to approximately 12:30 pm. Teachings are held at Passages Rising at 14 E. Meadow St. in Fayetteville.Cushions are available; however, chairs are limited. If you prefer to sit in a chair, please consider bringing your own.
Summaries of some of Geshe la’s recent teachings are available in the Wisdom and Method section of the Meditation with Geshe Thupten Dorjee blog.
Also, you may hear audio recordings of Geshe la’s teachings at InternetArchive.org and searching for Geshe Thupten Dorjee.
These teachings are free and open to the public. For more information, contact Karen Chotkowski at 587-8920.
The following are some useful guidelines to show respect for Buddhist teachings and to engender dignity and self-discipline while you participate in formal teachings and practice. These are offered for your own goodness:
- Arrive 15 minutes early for teachings to read or meditate, if possible.
- Do not disturb others who are meditating.
- Wear clean and appropriate dress.
- Shoes should be left outside the shrine room.
- Feet should not be pointed towards the teacher or the altar.
- Dharma text and practice books should not be placed on the floor.
- Stand when the teacher enters the shrine room and remain standing while the teacher performs prostrations as a matter of respect and Buddhist custom. Performing prostrations yourself is optional, however.
- Remain for the whole class or practice as a matter of respect and Buddhist custom. If you know in advance that you are unable to attend the whole class or practice, then we encourage you not to attend that particular session.